« Home | UK embassy in Iran attacked » | Predictably, the Muslim Brotherhood and Salafists ... » | Almost censored journalist damages ability to full... » | Muslim Brotherhood rally calls for mass antisemiti... » | Egypt could deploy its army in Sinai and return to... » | Morrocan Islamist party set to win election » | Silver judo medal for "settler" girl » | European "taboo" on Yesha might be ending » | Possibility of a new Jewish city near Jerusalem » | Egyptian protestors attack woman in Cairo » 

Thursday, December 01, 2011 

Robert Spencer goes Down Under

The webmaster of Jihad Watch has written about the trip he's been taking to Australia, and Right Wing Death Bogan has written in turn about it, and also about the disturbing "hate speech laws" Australia happens to have for at least a decade now, which seriously need to be canceled.

I suppose I should note that even here in Israel, we too have problems like those that can be read about in this op-ed by Michael Freund. Yes, in this case, the attorney-general has practically taken it upon himself to persecute rabbis for free speech. Sure, some can have a very awkward approach to the matter (is rabbi Shmuel Eliyahu's stating that Arabs have a cruel culture, rather than that Islam in itself is a cruel religion and ideology, the best way to make a point?), but that doesn't mean they weren't being altruistic, and in any case, when leftists who made more inciteful statements aren't prosecuted, something is clearly wrong.

I do hope that Spencer's next visit will be to here if he hasn't made one yet, because it could have significance in the same way that his visit to Oz can.

Labels: , , , ,

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

    avigreen2002@yahoo.com See also my collection of Link in Bio pages: Realtime Website Traffic
      telchaidrawing

      I also contribute to

    • The Astute Bloggers
    • Infidel Bloggers Alliance
    • Which also includes (open menu)

      My other sites

    • The Four Color Media Monitor
    • The Comic Book Discrimination Dossiers
    • Hawkfan
    • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
    • The Outer Observatory
    • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
    • Puzzle Paradise
    • The Co-Stars Primer
    • Cinema Capsule Cavalcade
    • Food Diner
    • News/Opinion sites (open menu)

      Writers and special activity groups (open menu)

      Media Watchdogs (open menu)

      Columnist bloggers (open menu)

      Research on terrorism (open menu)

      Other bloggers: Israel and Asia (open menu)

      Other bloggers: Europe (open menu)

      Other bloggers: American continent (open menu)

      Museum sites (open menu)

      Bloggeries Blog Directory blog directory Blog Directory & Search engine View My Stats
    • W3 Counter stats
    • eXTReMe Tracker
      Locations of visitors to this page  
      Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

Tel-Chai Nation is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.